Wednesday 1 April 2015

Blood, Sweat & Tears





He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground (Luke 22:41-44 NIV). 

This Scripture brings me so much comfort. God is willing man, God is just so willing to help us, to lighten our load, to show us that we are not alone, to show us that He is Immanuel, God with us! 

Jesus was in such agony for you and I that he prayed more earnestly for God to take such suffering away from Him. But, my God, He said "yet not my will, but yours be done." Jesus loved us so so much (and still does!) that despite that pain, He was still willing to go and endure the Cross for us. He endured to the very end. Wow. 

I read this Scripture at a time I was feeling so down. It lifted me from that place to a place of peace. I figured that whatever I was feeling could not compare to what Jesus felt. I almost felt like I had no right to even feel the way I did. I mean, He was in such agony that he sweated blood. Blood! I now know where the phrase "blood, sweat and tears" came from. This wasn't just a cliché saying for Jesus. It was his very experience, for mere mortals like you and I. 

Imagine. 

I want someone to know that, ah, Jesus loves you so much. I want someone to know that God is so willing to help you. Sometimes, He may not take you out of that situation but if you only ask, He will give you that strength. He will give it to you. I'm saying this because I experienced it this very week. He will. He is willing! 

But we have a responsibility. Notice how Jesus withdrew to go and pray. I find that when I feel down, it's easy to want to tell someone. But Jesus withdrew to talk to the Father and when he felt such anguish, God strengthened Him as He prayed more earnestly ( - big lesson there)! God is willing to give you want it takes to endure. 

Will you let Him? Just ask.


#JoyUnspeakable
http://joy-unspeakable-247.blogspot.co.uk/p/beauty-for-ashes.html  

No comments:

Post a Comment